Monday 18 January 2010

hey, i think i met you once!

Adding to my tenuous list of famous people I've maybe met...

We're going to see The Book of Eli tonight, a movie I've managed to hear absolutely nothing about. But I was unreasonably excited to find out it was written by Gary Whitta, one time editor of PC Gamer, who (if i recall rightly) took the reins of that fine magazine not long after the Matt Bielby Golden Age, no less. Also, I think I met him once. It was at the Future Entertainment Show in London, way back in 1994. I certainly met a very nice bloke from PC Gamer magazine called Gary, and I guess it could've been him. It's difficult to tell from his imdb photo because all chubby bespectacled nerds have a certain similarity. But I remember he was lovely, because he gave me his autograph AND a free magazine.

So there we go, yet another tenuous link to the famous and fortunate. My mate Gary Whitta--I promise not to say anything rude about your movie, at least until after I've seen it. :)

No comments: